Democrats will spend the third day of the Senate impeachment trial Thursday exhibiting reasons they feel Donald Trump abuse the power of his office. Thursday is the second day allocated for the Democratic impeachment managers to make opening arguments for the removal of the president on two offenses levied against him in the House proceedings – abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The seven managers, led by House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, argued Wednesday that the president obstructed the House’s ability to conduct a complete investigation and also continued their push to include new witness testimony in the Senate trial. Republicans, however, say the first full day of Democratic opening arguments revealed no new information. Jay Sekulow, Trump’s personal attorney and one of the defense lawyers assigned to engage in opening arguments, said the defense team continuously repeated themselves. ‘We’re hearing the same things each time,’ Sekulow lamented. Democrats will spend the third day of the Senate impeachment trial Wednesday arguing Donald Trump abused the power of his office. Pictured Wednesday: two Democratic prosecution managers, Adam Schiff (left) and Zoe Lofgren (right), arguing the case the remove Trump Trump’s defense, and Senate Republicans, say they heard no new evidence… Read full this story
- Haggard Hillary Clinton needs gran plan for retirement as she looks shadow of former self just days after Donald Trump defeat
- What is Donald Trump’s approval rating and will he be the most disliked president in history?
- Leahy, Sanders Back Trump Inquiry, But Not Impeachment — Yet
- Memo: Donald Trump prodded Ukraine leader on Biden claims
- Impeachment meaning – can President Donald Trump be impeached, what is impeachment and how does it work?
- These 6 voters make the case for Donald Trump in 2020
- Corey Lewandowski testimony: Ex- Donald Trump staffer to testify
- Donald Trump promises to crush ‘vile’ ISIS and secure America’s borders as he attempts to heal rifts in first speech to Congress
- Will Donald Trump be impeached? Odds on whether Trump will complete his first term as US President
- Trump team brushes off impeachment inquiry, raises cash
Democrats will spend all day explaining why Donald Trump is GUILTY of abusing his power at his impeachment trial - but Republicans start complaining that they have heard NOTHING new and president trolls trial on Twitter have 339 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.