Liverpool will return to the scene of their 2019 Champions League triumph after they were drawn against Atletico Madrid in the last 16 of the competition on Monday. The two-legged tie at Atletico’s Wanda Metropolitano, where Jurgen Klopp’s men lifted the trophy in June, and Anfield will be one of the highlights.
But undoubtedly the biggest contest is going to be 13-time champions Real Madrid’s clash with reigning Premier League champions Manchester City, who are trying to win the European crown for the first time. The match will pit coaches Pep Guardiola and Zinedine Zidane against each other.
Round of 16 draw 🔥#UCLdraw pic.twitter.com/fkdBCoX7v6
— UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) December 16, 2019
French champions Paris St. Germain are drawn against 1997 champions Borussia Dortmund, while FC Barcelona will take on Italian giants Napoli.
Bundesliga’s current leaders RB Leipzig will be up against Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur while struggling Bayern Munich will take on Frank Lampard’s Chelsea.
The other clashes will see Olympique Lyonnais take on Cristiano Ronaldo-led Juventus while Atalanta will Valencia in what could be called the most low key encounter of the last 16 phase.
(With AFP inputs)
- Champions League Draw List
- Gary Neville tells Premier League challengers to 'leave one on Manchester City'
- Manchester City gets Premier League title defense underway with win
- Champions League group stage reaches climax
- Chelsea beats Qarabag 4-0, reaches Champions League last 16
- Champions League last-16 draw seeds completed by Liverpool
- Premier League teams chasing record in Champions League
- Liverpool completes Champions League sweep for Premier League
- Man City beats Feyenoord 1-0 to win Champions League group
- Tottenham Hotspur thriving in Champions League, but struggling in EPL
- Real Madrid to face PSG in Champions League knockout stage
- Barcelona, Chelsea advance to Champions League last 16
- United tops Champions League group with 2-1 win over CSKA
- Real Madrid to face PSG in last 16 of the Champions League
- Champions League schedule
- Manchester United, Roma, Juventus advance in Champions League
- Manchester City, Liverpool deny Arsenal Champions League slot on final day
- Atletico beats Roma 2-0 to stay alive in Champions League
- Pep Guardiola will become Manchester City’s manager, Manuel Pellegrini will leave club at season’s end
- Manchester United boss Mourinho relishing Champions League challenge
UEFA Champions League draw: Real Madrid to take on Manchester City in blockbuster last 16 match have 373 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.