Email By Sarah Farnsworth, Danny Morgan and staff Updated December 04, 2019 17:21:04 Photo: Nicola Gobbo represented a number of gangland figures, including Carl Williams (left) and Tony Mokbel (right). (ABC/AAP) Map: Melbourne 3000 The Lawyer X royal commission has ordered Nicola Gobbo to give evidence to the inquiry over the phone, after her lawyer had argued taking the stand could cause her to suffer “a psychotic mental health breakdown”.Welcome to our blog covering the Lawyer X royal commission.ABC journalists will regularly update this article with developments from the inquiry. You can skip to the latest news or catch up on background.ICYMI: The backgroundCriminal defence barrister Nicola Gobbo was used as a police informer a number of times between 1995 and 2009Ms Gobbo’s clients included some of Victoria’s most notorious criminals, including Carl Williams and Tony MokbelThe scandal raised unprecedented ethical and legal concerns and has already resulted in Faruk Orman being freed from jail after having his conviction for murder quashedVictoria Police spent five years and $4.52 million trying to keep their use of Ms Gobbo a secretKnown as ‘Informer 3838’ by Victoria Police and dubbed ‘Lawyer X’ by the media, Ms Gobbo’s identity was revealed in 2018Costing $28… Read full this story
- Emissions scandal latest: Mitsubishi president steps down, Suzuki involved
- Remembering former UNC coach Dean Smith on the anniversary of his death
- UMKC softball players say coach sexually harassed them. School bought him a microwave
- Counterfeit Automotive Products
- Car Salesman Confidential: Lies and the People Who Tell Them
- 6 Ways to Turn Your Pop Culture Obsession Into a Business
Lawyer X royal commission blog: Nicola Gobbo ordered to give evidence over the phone have 256 words, post on www.abc.net.au at December 4, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.