Liem had total points of 19 to finish fourth overall, behind Levon Aronian and Sergey Karjakin (20 points) and Viswanathan Anand (19.5 points).
He outplayed Anton Korobov (Ukraine) in his first blitz match to move within only half a point from the top spot of the standings, before losing the next two against Sergey Karjakin (Russia) and Levon Aronian (Armenia).
The following four games saw the Vietnamese player draw twice with Viswanathan Anand (Indian) and Vladislav Artemiev (Russia) and lose twice against Wesley So (the Philippines) and Anish Giri (Netherlands).
The next two successive wins against Fabiano Caruana (US) and Shakhriyar Mamedyarov (Azerbaijan) were not enough to bring Liêm the top of the table.
With this result, Liem won a cash prize of 15,000 USD. He also earned 88 additional Elo rating points, lifting him to 15th position in the FIDE's blitz world rankings with an Elo rating of 2,768.
Following this event, the top Vietnamese player will focus on the goal of earning a gold medal at the upcoming 30th Southeast Asian Games 2019 in the Philippines./.
- The Government Will Only Lose About $10 Billion On GM Shares
- Shon, Ryu share lead at 64 in Grand Rapids LPGA event
- Here's Exactly How the Toyota Supra Has Changed Over the Years
- VinFast: behind Vietnam’s rapid-fire automotive dream
- Djokovic falters, Cecchinato soars in French Open stunner
- Serena Williams overwhelms Goerges at French Open; Sharapova next
- In 4th event of return, Serena seeks another 'giant step'
- U.S. Open umpire’s Kyrgios visit scrutinized; Wozniacki loses
- Sunday's golf: Johnson reclaims top spot with St. Jude win
- Past French Open champ Wawrinka loses early
- Serena Williams nears 8th Wimbledon title, 24th Slam overall
- The Government Shutdown Could Delay the Launch of the New Ram Heavy Duty Trucks
- Federer 'unreal' in U.S. Open triumph over Kyrgios
- A Loss Like a Knife: The 2019 Australian Open
- If You Combined
- A Look Inside NYC's Mysterious Masonic Hall
- The Toyota Tacoma Is Now Much More Than the Top-Selling Midsize Truck
- 2019 GMC Sierra Denali Proclaimed The Best Luxury Truck Out There
- Thursday’s LPGA: Shon, Ryu share lead at 64
Vietnamese GM ranks fourth in Romania Grand Tour have 357 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.