LOS ANGELES, CA — The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday approved eight pages of procedures to take the impeachment inquiry against President Trump to nationally broadcast public hearings. Just about all of LA County’s legislators, which includes many of the president’s chief antagonists such as Maxine Waters and Adam Schiff, are Democrats who voted in favor of the move. Technically, there is a tiny slice of the county — a nugget of Lancaster that falls into the Republican District represented by Trump ally and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy. He’s the only legislator from the region who voted no. These LA County legislators all voted yes: Karen Bass Calif. 37 Congressional DistrictKatie Hill: 25th Congressional DistrictJudy Chu: 27th Congressional District,Brad Sherman: 30th Congressional DistrictAdam Schiff: 28th Congressional DistrictTony Cardenas: 29th Congressional DistrictGrace Napolitano: 32nd Congressional DistrictTed Lieu: 33rd Congressional DistrictJimmy Gomez: 34th Congressional DistrictNorma Torres : 35th Congressional DistrictKaren Bass: 37th Congressional DistrictLinda Sánchez: 38th Congressional DistrictLucille Roybal-Allard: 40th Congressional DistrictMaxine Waters: 43rd Congressional DistrictNanette Barragán: 44th Congressional DistrictThe resolution defining the scope of the next phase of the inquiry was approved mainly along party lines, 232-196. The House will move ahead with impeachment proceedings against Trump after a… Read full this story
- Bill de Blasio representative votes against zoning change for Cornell 'genius school' that the mayoral hopeful supports
- Shame on us, the voters, for failing to make our representatives vote for reasonable gun control that might stanch the bloodshed
- The House votes to impeach President Bill Clinton after lying about his affair with Monica Lewinsky
- Venice votes to break away from rest of Italy, create ‘Repubblica Veneta’
- Bentley impeachment probe suspended at AG's request
- Prof Who Predicted Trump's Election Victory Says Impeachment Is 'Very Likely'
- MacArthur votes ‘no’ on repealing Obamacare too quickly
- Some drama - but no switches - as Ohio electors vote for Trump
- House Votes to Fund Government, Delay ObamaCare
- New York State Assembly votes unanimously to ban shark fin trade, following Senate
How Your Venice Representatives Voted On Impeachment Inquiry have 336 words, post on patch.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.