Fearne Cotton reveals why Prince William and Kate Middleton's royal wedding made her realise her relationship with Jesse Jenkins was doomed
Fearne Cotton has revealed how Prince William and Kate ‘s royal wedding in 2011 made her realise her own relationship was destined to fail. At the time of the nuptials, Fearne was engaged to fiancé Jesse Jenkins, and it was while she was reporting on William and Kate's big day that she became aware her own romance was not working. Speaking on the podcast, How To Fail With Elizabeth Day , the 38-year-old confided: “It was such a beautiful thing watching them get married. I mean, I was there doing all the reporting. I was right outside the palace gates watching it all take place, and it started to hit home that it wasn’t going to happen for me. And it was pretty much straight after that that it all just imploded.”
Fearne Cotton pictured with her ex-fiance Jesse Jenkins
Fearne further explained: “There was a wedding venue booked, and I really thought I had my future planned, naively. We all try and control things and grab hold of that and think if I map out my future I’ll be safe – I won’t have to deal with failure… the engagement ended. It was a weird life shake up that I hadn’t really expected.” She continued: “I had bought an inexpensive dress that I thought ‘this could work’. I think that’s when I started to realise things were going down the pan. I’d really thought about the venue, but then I started to invest less and less in it.”
The TV star has been married to Jesse Wood since July 2014
Fearne and Jesse started their on-off romance in 2008 and announced their engagement in September 2010, with American skater Jesse proposing on her 29th birthday. They split for good in April 2011. A short time later, she met and fell in love with Jesse Wood – son of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie . In February 2013, the couple welcomed their first child together, son Rex, and in July the following year, they tied the knot in front of family and friends. Fearne and Jesse welcomed their second child, daughter Honey, in September 2015.
- Prince William, Kate Middleton looking to ‘strike back’ against Sussex popularity contest
- Prince William, Kate Middleton’s baby no. 4 dreams ‘squashed’: report
- Prince William, Kate Middleton pausing plans for baby no.4 for Queen Elizabeth
- Prince William, Kate Middleton and other royal members make sombre social media change
- Kate Middleton may get royal honour from Queen to mark 10 years of marriage to William
- Kate and Prince William 'playing really important role' as they explore new areas for Firm
- Kate Middleton and Prince William jet to France as her brother James gets married
- Prince William’s MAJOR role in Aston Villa’s League Cup final revealed
- Camilla defended Kate Middleton in feud with Princess Diana's friend
- Why Kate Middleton's Photography Skills Are Her 'Soft Power'
- William's rift with Harry has made him and Kate Middleton 'even stronger together'
- Kate and Prince William to shelve Baby no.4 plans to focus on royal duty 'all about work'
- Kate Middleton's Wedding Day Carriage Revealed
- Prince William and Prince Harry Had 'Fierce and Bitter' Argument Over Meghan Markle Bullying Claims
- Prince William praises 'truly heroic' first responders for their courage in saving lives
- Prince William fans swoon over 'dishy' royal as he unbuttons shirt to show off chest hair
- Kate Middleton pregnancy rumours shut down as reason behind 'absence' is explained
- Kate Middleton: Why is Duchess of Cambridge often seen with one unusual item?
- Kate Middleton row: Harry 'will get no respite' as fans demand return over 'mumsy' Duchess
- Kate Middleton HEARTBREAK: The shocking impact Harry and Meghan's exit will have on Kate
Fearne Cotton reveals how Prince William & Kate Middleton made her realise her relationship was doomed have 631 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.