When Elon Musk took the stage to unveil the new Cybertruck pickup on November 21, he made sure that Tesla came out swinging—at one point literally.Following a demonstration with a sledgehammer designed to show off the Cybertruck’s ability to withstand massive blasts of force without leaving a mark, Musk goaded veteran truck-makers like Ford, at one point stating that “you want a truck that’s really tough, not fake tough.” On Sunday, Musk made another pointed comparison to the much-beloved F-150, posting a video to Twitter of a Ford model in a “tug of war” with the Cybertruck.The footage, which appeared to show the new Tesla pickup truck pulling an F-150 uphill with ease, has been viewed more than 12.5 million times.The social media video generated so much debate about the legitimacy of the test that Musk agreed to conduct a round-two, possibly by next week.In response to the video, Sundeep Madra, vice president of an experimental division called Ford X, wrote to Musk: “Send us a Cybertruck and we will do the apples to apples test for you.” Not one to back down from a challenge, the Tesla boss posted a three word rebuke: “Bring it on.” But how do… Read full this story
- #Cybertruck and #DeLorean Trend as People Compare Elon Musk's Tesla Electric Truck to Iconic Car
- Tesla to be examined by SEC over Elon Musk's 'funding secured' tweet – report
- Tesla: Robyn Denholm named as new chair to replace Elon Musk
- Elon Musk announces $78,000 high-performance version of Tesla Model 3
- Elon Musk says Tesla planning 'thorough reorganization'
- First Tesla Model 3 rolls off production line ... into the hands of Elon Musk
- Is Elon Musk's plan for a road network beneath LA more than a pipe dream?
- About 150,000 orders thus far for Tesla Cybertruck: Elon Musk
- Elon Musk’s Net Worth Drops Significantly After Introducing Electric Tesla Cybertruck - Report
- Elon Musk's Tesla Cybertruck revs up memes and jokes
Cybertruck vs F-150: Specs, Sales, Prices and What Tesla's Elon Musk and Ford Have Said About One Another have 328 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 26, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.