Mike Tindall has recently opened an Instagram account and has been delighting his fans with sport-related posts, as well as photos from days out with his famous friends and wife Zara Tindall. The former rugby star has a modest 791 followers currently and only follows 125 accounts himself. While Mike is incredibly close to the royal family, in particular the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, he doesn’t follow any of the royal Instagram pages. This is most likely because he prefers to keep his family life out of the spotlight, and has instead chosen to follow sports accounts and some of his famous friends, including Westlife singer Brian McFadden, who Mike has met on a number of occasions at charity functions, most recently at the Celebrity Cup tournament in July. He also follows Ant and Dec and football star Cristiano Ronaldo.
Mike Tindall doesn’t follow any of the royal family accounts on Instagram
The dad-of-two opened his Instagram account in September and recent posts have included a photo from a day out with Cold Feet star James Nesbitt, as well as pictures from a charity event which Mike attended with Zara. The royal couple went along to a Landrover charity day where they took part in clay shooting to raise money for wildlife conservation charity Tusk. The doting husband shared a photo of Zara practicing her aims, and captioned the post: “Great day clay shooting for @tusk_org supported by @landrover_uk. Finished up 3rd but it was a lot of fun!!” Most recently, Mike shared a photo of himself with talkSPORT presenter Russell Hargreaves, and joked that he was his new partner in crime. He wrote: “My partner in crime for the next couple of hours @russ_hargreaves Hopefully watching England lifting the energy and intensity and putting on a performance against the Pumas!! @talksport #comeonengland.”
The former rugby captain has a close relationship with the royals
While Mike doesn’t follow his royal relatives on social media, he is in regular contact with them on Whatsapp. In May, he revealed that he had found out that baby Archie had been born after Harry shared the news on their cousins’ Whatsapp group. Mike was welcomed warmly into the royal family after he began dating Zara, and has a close relationship with them all. In March, Mike and Zara appeared on House of Rugby to chat about their fantasy royal rugby team, with the couple both admitting they would choose the Queen as their captain.
Former England captain Mike revealed he would also include his cousins-in-laws William, Harry and Kate, saying: “Haz, front line man in the military, he’ll crash that ball up for us, he’ll dominate, he’ll boss the tackle line.” “Willy is quick, I’ve raced him, he’s quick, he has really fast leg speed,” Mike said of the Duke of Cambridge, adding that he would put Kate in the left wing because “she loves running, she’ll run all day”.
Make sure you never miss a ROYAL story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox.
- Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton photo proves royal feud
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are benefiting from a slimmed-down monarchy following Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's departure because it gives them 'space to focus' on their 'important' job, royal expert claims
- How Kate Middleton became an Instagram it-girl – from trendy dresses to statement jewellery
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry news: Pair ‘fell in love in a tent’ as Duchess joins Michelle Obama in Girl Up campaign
- Tightsgate! Meghan Markle's rift with Kate Middleton 'was caused by clash over whether Princess Charlotte and the other bridesmaids should wear nylons at Royal wedding'
- Meghan Markle latest news: Duchess leaves rescue pooch in Canada because he doesn’t like Prince Harry
- Meghan Markle and Harry latest news: Duchess shared cheeky ‘sexual awakening’ anecdote with Suits co-star
- Diana is ‘most attractive royal’ according to ‘Golden Ratio’ theory as Meghan Markle narrowly outshines Kate Middleton
- Meghan Markle and Harry latest news: Ex-royals carbon footprint could be 26 times that of the average Brit
- Meghan Markle's 'foot-stamping' row left Kate Middleton 'very upset'
- Kate Middleton's 'warning' to Harry about Meghan - and Wills' question after first meeting
- Meghan Markle is worried about how Archie will make friends as she’s too famous for Mummy & Me classes, friend claims
- Royal family newsletter - the must-read email with all the day's royal headlines
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Westminster Abbey will not ring its bells for Meghan Markle's birthday next month (but will for Princess Anne 11 days later)
- Kate Middleton Keeps Calm and Carries On With New Highlights
- 'Pioneering' new Meghan Markle book vows to 'set record straight' on 'most talked about woman in the world' as royal biographer explores why 'the most charismatic member of the Royal Family was so upset' before Megxit
- Meghan Markle quotes the Dalai Lama as she urges young women to fight gender and race inequality with 'compassion' - while vowing that she, Prince Harry and baby Archie 'will be cheering you on'
- Meghan Markle stuns in bargain £117 top as she makes landmark speech
- Mike Tindall reveals sweet nickname for wife Zara – and you'll be surprised
- Royals spotted at the supermarket: Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, the Queen, Sarah Ferguson
Why Mike Tindall DOESN'T follow Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton or royal family on Instagram have 949 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at October 8, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.