SAN ANTONIO – Two days before President Donald Trump rallies in Texas, his eldest son on Tuesday looked to help him hang onto the reliably Republican state, playing to the conservative base by delivering red meat cultural attacks and lacing into several of his father’s possible Democratic foes. Donald Trump Jr., the swaggering embodiment of the Make America Great Again agenda, was the main event at a campaign event in San Antonio ahead of the president’s rally in Dallas on Thursday. Trump Jr. did not shy away from taking on the primary threat to his father’s presidency: the impeachment inquiry prompted by the elder Trump’s push for Ukraine to investigate Democratic Joe Biden and his son Hunter. “About the only job (Hunter Biden) could get would be a no-show job at a corrupt Ukrainian oil company because no one would else would hire this clown,” said Trump Jr., showing no self-awareness that he, too, has at least in part been successful because of a famous father. Channeling his father, Trump Jr. complained bitterly about what he deemed was unfair media coverage, declaring: “For 50 years, conservatives have turned the other cheek. I’m done turning the other cheek, guys!” The one-two… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Jr. hits back at critics over hypocrisy claims
- Donald Trump Jr. just said something unreal about Democrats and the coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Pence defends Trump Jr claim Democrats want 'millions' to die
- Donald Trump Jr. on defending his father, challenging media hypocrisy: 'I kind of enjoy the fight'
- Donald Trump Jr. cleared for Alaska license to hunt, kill grizzly bear
- The N-Word on Tape, Daily Tanning and More Bombshell Claims from Omarosa's Book on Donald Trump
- 'They're rooting for the coronavirus': Trump allies attack Democrats and the media
- Lara Trump: No Family Should Fear for Their Safety for Wearing MAGA Hats
- Coronavirus crisis underlines eight of Trump's failings as a leader
- Trump hotels charge Secret Service up to $650 per night while protecting him: report
Trump Jr. pitches to base while his father fights for Texas have 323 words, post on www.thestar.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.