BY MELISHA YAFOI Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited has been granted a power distribution licence by the Independent Consumer and Competition Commission for its Niupower gas fired power plant joint venture with Oil Search. Managing director Wapu Sonk announced this week. Mr Sonk said the licence to generate power will be coming online very soon and is part of KPHL’s strategic commercial goals following a study undertaken by Wood Mackenzie on how the company can utilise its unused gas. He said that is the main reason why KPHL has aggressively pursued the government’s 70 per cent electricity project. Mackenzie said: “If you were going to use your balance of gas on something, prioritise it on something like electricity because cheaper the electricity well known industries will come, the economy will grow and the GDP will double and you will have the highest impact in the GDP if you pursue this agenda.” Mr Sonk said that is why they have invested in this new highly efficient gas power station (58MW under NiuPower), and have also worked on other issues such as power distribution in the Highlands. “We have invested in the NiuPower project; we have invested in the Southern Highlands and Hela… Read full this story
- Binh Dinh wind power project halted to following deforestation
- Pakistan Withdraws Key Power Project From CPEC - Reports
- After Kudankulam Power Plant, ISRO Too Was Alerted of Cyber Security Breach by 'Dtrack'
- Tony Winnicker, a power in the mayor’s office, on to other things
- Slow-pace projects may lead to power shortage in the south after 2020
- DIPAM writes to power ministry to explore NTPC-SJVN merger
- The radical power-for-all solution that the government should adopt
- Donald Trump Campaign Manager's Diametric Double Life as a Solar Power Lobbyist
- California’s 2-tunnel delta project back on track with SoCal water district’s vote
- 'Bold' scheme launches to power every property on SA's Eyre Peninsula with solar
Kumul Petroleum gets power project licence have 310 words, post on postcourier.com.pg at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.