Matthew Lee Associated Press Published 9:42 PM EDT Sep 27, 2019 Washington – Kurt Volker, a former U.S. ambassador to NATO caught in the middle of a whistleblower complaint over the President Donald Trump’s dealings with Ukraine, resigned Friday from his post as special envoy to the Eastern European nation, according to a U.S. official. The official said Volker told Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Friday of his decision to leave the job, following disclosures that he had connected Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani with Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his family over allegedly corrupt business dealings. Giuliani has said he was in frequent contact with Volker about his efforts. The State Department had no immediate comment on his resignation and has said only that Volker put Giuliani in touch with an aide to Ukraine’s president. Pompeo said Thursday that as far as he knew, all State Department employees had acted appropriately in dealing with Ukraine. Volker was brought into the Trump administration by former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to serve as envoy for Ukraine. He worked in a volunteer capacity and had retained his job as head of the John McCain Institute… Read full this story
- Ankara's Support for Baku May Amplify Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict, Ex-US Special Envoy Says
- The Sedition of Donald Trump
- Fact check: Does the WHO Now Agree With Donald Trump on Ending Lockdowns?
- Donald Trump ADMITS he downplayed coronavirus after bombshell Bob Woodward tapes reveal he KNEW it was deadly saying he didn't want to 'cause panic' - and claims he was trying to 'show strength in the nation'
- Rudy Giuliani and His Ukraine Ally Sprint Away from Their ‘Russian Agent’ Pal
- Senator Says Trump's 'Corruption Is Dizzying' After U.K. Golf Claims
- US Sending Long-Awaited Funds to Boost Ukraine Military
- Trump Knew for Days That Rudy’s Hit on Hunter Biden Was Coming
- Trump’s Lawyer Working With Active Russian Agent to Smear Biden
- Trump's new chief of staff Mark Meadows has 'cried in meetings and is overwhelmed by a permanent culture that revolves around the president's moods'
US official: Trump’s special envoy to Ukraine has resigned have 343 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.