HOUSTON (AP) — Daniel Johnston, a quirky folk singer-songwriter and visual artist whose offbeat career and struggles with mental illness brought him a cult following and inspired a documentary film, has died at age 58. According to a statement issued by his family, Johnston died of natural causes Wednesday morning at his Houston-area home. His brother, Dick Johnston, says Daniel had been plagued for years with health issues. Musicians such as Kurt Cobain and Tom Waits, as well as “The Simpsons” creator Matt Groening, are among those who have expressed a fondness for Johnston’s work. Johnston’s struggles with manic depression formed the heart of the Oscar-nominated 2005 documentary “The Devil and Daniel Johnston.” His songs often contained innocent pleas for love and bore titles such as “Life in Vain,” ”True Love Will Find You in the End” and “Walking the Cow.”
- Indian Singer-Songwriter Armaan Malik Signs With Arista Records For His First English Single: Exclusive
- The Kate McGarrigle I knew, by British singer-songwriter Linda Thompson
- Will there be a The Walking Dead season 11?
- Dong Nhi wins Devotion Award for Singer of the Year
- The Masked Singer: JoJo Siwa is unmasked as the T-Rex as show's Super 9 are locked in
- Scott Miller, Game Theory and Loud Family Singer, Dead at 53
- Nashville songwriters step out of the shadows to take centre stage
- Daniel Dae Kim makes a powerful statement about 'inexcusable' racism against Asian-Americans during coronavirus outbreak ... after revealing he has tested positive for COVID-19
- Daniel Dae Kim is isolating himself at home Hawaii after revealing he has tested positive for coronavirus
- George Michael’s boyfriend Fadi Fawaz ‘claims he took photo of singer’s corpse’ after finding his dead body at mansion
Underground singer-songwriter Daniel Johnston dead at 58 have 286 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.