The U.S. special envoy for Ukraine, Kurt Volker, resigned Friday amid a formal impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump and his dealings with the Ukraine government, according to two people with knowledge of the matter. Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, said Thursday that Volker had encouraged him to speak to Ukranian officials regarding former Vice President Joe Biden and his family. In the complaint that sparked the impeachment inquiry, a whistleblower said that the day after Trump’s July call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Volker traveled to the Ukrainian capital to meet with the leader. Download the NBC News appfor full coverage of the impeachment inquiry The complaint centers on that phone call, in which Trump implores Zelenskiy to look into the Bidens and says the Trump White House sought to put a record of the call on “lock down.” Volker has not responded to requests for comment from NBC News on Friday. The State Department is also not yet commenting. One of the people with knowledge of the matter said that Volker stepping down from the position will enable him to be much freer in what he can say if he is called to testify before Congress. On Friday,… Read full this story
- COVID-19: Ramaphosa appoints Okonjo-Iweala, Manuel special envoys
- WHO special envoy says COVID-19 will be a virus that 'stalks the human race for quite a long time'
- UN Special Envoy De Mistura Advocates Humanitarian Pause in Syria
- UN Mideast envoys urge warring parties to cease fighting now
- Afghan prisoners' release an 'important step' towards peace: US envoy Khalilzad
- Giuliani & Co. Plot New Biden Probes as Trump’s Ukraine Team Lies in Ruin
- Putin 'seriously concerned' after Ukraine votes to impose martial law
- Boris Nemtsov allies release report on Russian troops in Ukraine
- Russia May Break Off Diplomatic Relations With Ukraine Over Crimea Attacks Plot
- Ukraine's new leaders begin search for missing billions
U.S. special envoy to Ukraine resigns have 309 words, post on www.euronews.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.