President Donald Trump’s campaign intends to counter-program the Democratic primary debate hosted by ABC News and Univision with an ad blitz that includes two front-page newspaper ads and flying a massive banner in the air that blasts socialism just before candidates take the stage.
“Socialism will kill Houston’s economy!” the ad reads, along with a number to text, according to a rendering provided to ABC News by a Trump campaign official.
The campaign is spending around $7,500 for the flight and production of the ad, which is scheduled to fly from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. local time — an hour before Democrats are set to square-off in their first one-night debate this cycle.
WHAT TO KNOW: HOUSTON DEMOCRATIC DEBATE
Bernie Sanders lays low before Houston Democratic debate
Local actors stand in for Democratic candidates before debate
Houston mirrors the nation in 3rd Democratic debate
Mayor Pete dodges cameras before Houston Democratic debate
- Two Heads Are Better Than One: It's Your PBS Democratic Debate Open Thread
- Sweet Merciful Long-Suffering God, Here's Your Open Thread for Yet Another Democratic Debate
- CBS Will Shift Focus of Tonight's Democratic Debate to Paris Attacks
- Hit Me Baby, One (Thousand) More Time(s): Join Jezebel As We Liveblog the First Democratic Debate
- How to Stream Tonight's CNN Democratic Debate, No Cable Required
- How to Stream NBC News' Democratic Debate Tonight, No Cable Required
- How to Stream Tonight's Univision Democratic Debate Online, No Cable Required
- How to Stream MSNBC's Democratic Debate Tonight, No Cable Required
- Clinton, Trump schooled by Twitter on debate tactics
- Trump Casually Wonders if Democrats Committed 'Treason' for Not Clapping During His Speech