Saturday September 21, 2019 04:00 PM A Q&A about Trump, Ukraine and a whistleblower Written by By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — Very behind the scenes, a whistleblower from the intelligence community voiced urgent concern about a matter involving a conversation between Ukraine’s leader and President Donald Trump. It’s so hush-hush that even Democrats won’t say all that they know, or suspect. Very much out in the open, Trump is calling for an investigation that involves Ukraine and could help him win re-election if it breaks his way. Trump’s interest in getting dirt from abroad on prospective Democratic presidential rival Joe Biden has been hiding in plain sight for months. His fealty to standards that other presidents have either lived by or pretended to — as when it comes to chats with foreign leaders, for example — is thin. This is, after all, the man who openly encouraged Russia to snoop on Hillary Clinton’s email and much more recently said that, sure, he’d listen to foreigners who come to him with dirt on an opponent. Why not? he wondered. As the contours of the episode roiling the capital begin to flesh out, here are some questions and answers… Read full this story
- Rudy Giuliani's business dealings sit at the center of the deepening Trump-Ukraine scandal. Here's the latest.
- John Bolton Called Trump Ukraine Deal A ‘Drug Deal’
- Trump’s Impeachment Blockade Crumbles as Witnesses Agree to Talk
- The floodgates are opening as Trump officials publicly defy his orders and more whistleblowers come out of the shadows
- U.S. House Democrats push on with Trump impeachment inquiry
- Ex-Ukraine envoy testified he was "never asked to do anything" wrong
- Joe Biden calls Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani 'thugs' as he defends his son Hunter's business dealings at 2020 debate
- Rick Perry confirms Trump's Ukraine policy passed through Giuliani, recounts a wild call with Rudy
- US aid to Ukraine was contingent on 2016 election probe, GOP senator says US diplomat told him
- Rep. Mark Meadows demands Adam Schiff call whistleblower to testify
The intersection of Trump, Ukraine and a whistleblower have 347 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.