Faiz Siddiqui, The Washington Post Published 6:16 pm PDT, Friday, September 27, 2019 SAN FRANCISCO – A judge ruled Friday that Tesla and its chief executive, Elon Musk, broke federal labor law by targeting union activity, the latest in a series of stinging rebukes to the electronic vehicle company. The violations included a 2018 tweet from Musk’s personal account that said nothing was stopping employees from voting, “but why pay union dues & give up stock options for nothing? Our safety record is 2X better than when plant was UAW & everybody already gets healthcare.” Tesla also introduced rules requiring permission for the distribution of union pamphlets and other materials in addition to threatening the loss of stock options if unionization occurred. The company also told employees that it would be “futile” to unionize because they would lack a voice, according to the ruling. Those constituted “unfair labor practices” under the National Labor Relations Act, ruled administrative law judge Amita Baman Tracy. It’s not the first time Musk has gotten in trouble for his tweets. Last year, he ended up in a dispute with the Securities and Exchange Commission over a tweet by Musk saying he had “funding secured” to take… Read full this story
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk in 'clear violation' of SEC restraint, court hears
- Donald Trump suffers double blow in federal courts as judges rules bankers MUST hand Congress his personal and company financial records - and refuse to stay subpoena for former White House counsel Don McGahn
- Tesla's Elon Musk in the hot seat, again
- Elon Musk's 'pedo guy' case hears tweet left British cave expert Vernon Unsworth 'humiliated'
- Elon Musk faces defamation trial for 'pedo guy' tweet
- Tesla CEO Musk facing defamation trial for 'pedo guy' tweet
- Elon Musk testifies that 'pedo guy' tweet was meant to be an insult, not a statement of fact
- Elon Musk ‘Pedo Guy’ Defamation Trial Begins
- Elon Musk on the Stand: ‘I’m Not Sure to the Degree I’m Actually Influential’
- Elon Musk in court dances around meaning of ‘pedo guy’ tweet
Tesla and CEO Elon Musk violated federal labor law, judge rules have 345 words, post on www.sfgate.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.