A surfer apparently drowned Wednesday afternoon near Moonlight State Beach in Encinitas, authorities said.
The victim, described only as a man, was discovered around 4:30 p.m. in the water off the shore a little south of the main lifeguard station, which is at the foot of C Street and Moonlight Lane, according to Encinitas lifeguard Capt. Larry Giles and San Diego sheriff’s Lt. Michelle Craig.
Giles said he was meeting with personnel from the Medical Examiner’s Office a little before 6 p.m.
No other details were immediately available.
This is a breaking news story that will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Russian tourist drowns in Nha Trang Beach
- Three students drown at Quang Tri beach
- Two drown near Tuy Hoa in Phu Yen
- Two students drowned near construction site
- Saltwater threatens to drown nearly half of Vietnam's paddy fields
- US-backed Syrian alliance launches new attack near Islamic State capital
- Two drowned, one missing from Co To Island beach
- Long Hai Beach - ideal getaway for Saigonese
- Drown prevention program launched in Hanoi
- Free beach draws crowds