For many, it was natural to see the comments as evidence that Betts was and is counting down days until he leaves Boston. Yet such a perspective is incomplete. Some context: ■ In the same story, Betts noted his eagerness to return to the lineup despite a sore foot. “I’m not going to quit. I’m just not going to quit on myself or the team no matter where we are in the standings,” he said. Betts is committed, as he’s always been, to being the best player possible for the Red Sox. ■ Betts didn’t rule out a return to the Red Sox on Thursday. Nor has he ever done so. He’s always been consistent: He’s enjoyed and appreciated his time with the Red Sox, and has great and respectful relationships throughout the organization. ■ That said, Betts’s long-term future is a business decision. He believes in the notion of establishing a value for himself and sticking to it. If the Red Sox accept that value and offer it to him, then it seems he’d welcome the opportunity to sign long term for what he deems his worth. ■ To date, every time the subject of a long-term deal has… Read full this story
- Simon says . . . nice shoes? Rap legend Pharoahe Monch noticed Mookie Betts’s cleats
- How much money should the Red Sox offer Mookie Betts?
- Photographer Captures Legacy of United States During Artist Residency at Gettysburg Battlefield
- ‘A lot of red flags here’: Lawmakers question Greitens-era consulting contracts
- How the Events of 'The Originals' Series Finale Will Affect Hope in the Spinoff 'Legacies'
- ‘Legacies’: Relationships With Vampires Will Be ‘Socially Responsible,’ Unlike on ‘The Vampire Diaries’
- LifeStart Announces Management of Legacy Central's Fitness Center: LC Fit
- From Sarasota to Pulse, Tampa Bay filmmaker Sandi Hulon looks at the life of Eddie Sotomayor in 'One of 49: A Legacy of Love'
- K-State Q&A: What Bill Snyder’s new contract means for the Wildcats
- Yankees are filled with All-Stars of back-end contracts
Some context for Mookie Betts’s thoughts on legacy, contracts have 344 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.