News / UK by Press Association 20/09/2019, 4:51 pm Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter A series of strikes planned by Ryanair pilots have been called off. Members of the British Airline Pilots Association (Balpa) were due to walk out on Saturday and then on September 23, 25, 27 and 29. The union is embroiled in a long-running row over a series of issues including pay and conditions which has already led to industrial action. Balpa said it had called off the strikes even though the relationship between Ryanair and its pilots in the UK and elsewhere remains “acrimonious”. A statement said: “Instead of engaging in negotiations Ryanair has reverted to type, electing to punish pilots by withdrawing their travel benefits. “Despite this, UK pilot representatives consulted striking members yesterday and agreed to suspend any further strikes in order to pave the way for meaningful negotiations under the auspices of the UK conciliation service, Acas. “Despite a strong turnout for strike action and a high level of commitment among pilots in Ryanair, the pilot representatives took the decision to allow a breathing space in the hope that constructive negotiations could get under way. “Balpa retains the… Read full this story
- Indefinite strike call in Tripura against Bru refugee settlement
- Strike called by lawyers every Saturday for past 35 years declared illegal by SC
- Unions defer 3-day bank strike call
- Flight Forced to Make Emergency Landing After Bird Strike, Bird Remains Found Tangled in Plane's Engine
- Relief for holidaymakers as Heathrow workers' strike is cancelled at the 11th hour but Unite union still plans another walk-out ahead of the August Bank Holiday
- Heathrow strike is called off, but 30,000 travellers are still grounded after staff axed 177 flights in preparation
- Syria: Trump tweets 'Mission Accomplished' after Western forces launch air strikes in response to chemical weapons attack
- Supreme Court to take a call on whether to forward Article 370 issue to seven-bench judge today
- SC hits out at Uttarakhand lawyers striking work every Saturday for 35 years
- Gabrielle Union Launches Inclusive Holiday Collection: 'If It Doesn't Fit Right, It Ain't Right'
Ryanair strikes called off by pilots’ union have 345 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.