Reps. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and Mark Meadows, R-N.C., slammed Democrats for the House Judiciary Committee’s first hearing in its Trump investigation, calling the questioning of President Donald Trump’s former campaign director Corey Lewandowski a debacle and accusing them of avoiding the truth. “It was not only a lack of preparation, but it was a complete debacle,” Meadows told Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” about the committee’s hearing, which turned into mayhem while Lewandowski traded barbs with Democrats while refusing to answer several of their questions. The Lewandowski hearing was another “disaster” for Democrats seeking Trump’s downfall, Meadows added. “They’re 0-for-3: The whole two-and-a-half years of a Russian-collusion narrative that didn’t pan out because there was no collusion, then they brought in Bob Mueller, it was a disaster,” Meadows said. “Then yesterday with Corey Lewandowski, it was another disaster.” He said Democrats have “two standards” when it comes to Trump. “They will bring in a janitor if the president uses the wrong recycling bin, to try to disparage this president,” Meadows said. “But, yet, when it comes to Democrats and wrongdoing, they don’t want to have witnesses. They don’t want to have anybody there because they are afraid of the truth.” Jordan commended Lewandowski… Read full this story
- Brazil, US tainted poultry debacles open door for producers in Vietnam
- Gov't castigated over Vinashin debacle, bauxite mines
- Nadal completes career Slam sweep with US Open crown
- US congress opens third Agent Orange hearing
- Nadal career Slam quest hit by rain as Djokovic rests
- Federer's imposing claim for another Slam win
- Vietnam successful example of economic transformation; UNDP rep.
- Azarenka expects to hear Sharapova loud and clear
- Djokovic beats Nadal to win third seasonal Grand Slam at US Open
- Toyota's problems loom large even after hearings
Reps. Jordan, Meadows Slam Lewandowski Hearing as Debacle have 306 words, post on www.newsmax.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.