Indonesia’s third president passed away at age 83 on Wednesday at Gatot Soebroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) where he was treated since September 8 for heart illness.
The funeral will be attended by among others Vice President Jusuf Kalla and wife, Commander of the Indonesian Defense Forces (TNI) Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto, and Indonesia’s Police Chief Gen. Tito Karnavian, according to a statement of Habibie’s personal secretary Rubijanto.
Related news: Former President BJ Habibie passed away
The remains of Habibie has been laid at his residence in Patra Kuningan Street, South Jakarta, and will be handed over to the government in a ceremony led by a member of Presidential Advisory Council Gen. (ret) Agum Gumelar.
Habibie’s remains will then be carried to Kalibata Heroes Cemetery, taking the route of Taman Patra Kuningan – Patra Kuningan Utara – HR Rasuna Said – Jenderal Gatot Soebroto – Pasar Minggu – Kalibata, for funeral procession.
The remains of the beloved former president will be laid to rest next to his wife, Hasri Ainun Habibie who died in 2010.
Related news: Anies Baswedan says press morally indebted to Habibie
Related news: B.J. Habibie, one of Indonesia’s best sons: Batan
- 33 Arrested, 200 Charged Over Violence At Funeral Procession In Mumbai
- Arizona Senator John McCain Really Hates Trump; Doesn't Even Want the President to Attend His Funeral
- ‘Offensive’ police funeral procession protester wrongfully arrested, judge rules
- Neighbours block path of funeral for burglar stabbed to death in Hither Green
- 'You're with your babies in the sky': Sister reads heartbreaking poem at funeral of mother who died 20 months after petrol bomb attack that killed her four children as she is laid to rest next to her family
- Obama leads former presidents in paying tribute to John McCain at funeral
- Trump Proves He's the Kenya Moore of The Real Housewives of the White House, Won't Attend Barbara Bush's Funeral
- Even Melania Trump Misses Former President Barack 'T'Challa' Obama
- Badly burnt mum whose 4 kids died in arson attack won't be able to go to funeral
- How to Livestream a Funeral