PUBLISHED: 15:26 12 September 2019 | UPDATED: 15:38 12 September 2019 David Hannant: Local Democracy Reporter Plans for a new £65m teaching building at the UEA have been met with parking concerns from councillors. Picture: UEA Archant Questions have been asked over a university’s decision to sacrifice almost 250 car parking spaces to make way for a £65m teaching building. How a new £65m teaching building at the UEA could look. Picture: UEAIn a bid to unlock further growth on campus, the University of East Anglia (UEA) is preparing a planning bid for a major new facility known as the Sky House.The new building would provide decant space for an existing part of the campus – the Lasdun Teaching Wall – paving the way for that building to be fully refurbished as the university prepares for future expansion.However, it would come at a loss of around 240 car parking spaces, which was questioned by councillors being given a sneak peak at the plans before a formal application is submitted.Roger Ryan, Labour city councillor for the University ward, said: “I do have concerns about transport, particularly the loss of the parking spaces.”I have heard from quite a few members of staff… Read full this story
- 8 state parks in New England to visit this fall
- Milton mobile home park under new management
- Dundalk have ‘big plans’ for Oriel Park as new artificial pitch is laid and gym is installed
- Linkin Park release new music video on the same morning Chester Bennington is found dead at Los Angeles home
- Letter: Menlo Park’s new heating rule shows issue’s urgency
- Millions of drivers are suffering from ‘parallelophobia’ – a fear of parallel parking, a new study finds
- Fota Wildlife Park announces new arrival as Sumatran tiger cub born last month at Cork attraction is introduced to the world
- Where is I’m A Celebrity filmed and could the show move from Springbrook National Park in New South Wales to Kangaroo island?
- In your corner: New Canaan building official a good fit
- New Boston Building Rules Will Require Resiliency
Parking concern over new £65m building at UEA have 342 words, post on www.eveningnews24.co.uk at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.