PUBLISHED: 06:51 11 September 2019 | UPDATED: 07:03 11 September 2019 Elizabeth Truss MP. Picture: Ian Burt Archant Norfolk MP Elizabeth Truss has been given an extra government role – after prime minister Boris Johnson handed her the women and equalities brief. The South West Norfolk Conservative MP was already international trade secretary, but has now been given the additional brief.It became available after Amber Rudd quit the cabinet at the weekend.Ms Truss said on Twitter: “Great to be appointed minister for women and equalities. Vital we remove barriers to opportunity and enable everyone to be free to live the life they want.”The change was part of a mini reshuffle to Mr Johnson’s ministerial team, following Brexit-induced resignations. You may also want to watch: The prime minister has also promoted Conservative colleague Zac Goldsmith, now a joint environment and international development minister, who will attend cabinet meetings.Chris Skidmore has moved from his health brief back to a joint education and business role after Mr Johnson’s brother Jo resigned earlier in the month.Edward Argar moves from the Ministry of Justice to the Department of Health and Social Care, and Rebecca Pow switches from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport… Read full this story
- Israeli PM Netanyahu asked by president to form new government
- Croatian parliament approves new government
- Belgium settles on new government to break record deadlock
- The old problems facing Macedonia's new government
- Berlin led by caretaker cabinet until new government is formed
- Far-right takes prominent position in Netanyahu's new government
- Can a new government end the violence in Somalia?
- Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentiloni to form new government as prime minister
- Bulgarian parliament approves new government
- Ukraine parliament approves Yatsenyuk's new government
New government role for Norfolk MP have 288 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at September 10, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.