LINCOLN, NE – SEPTEMBER 14: Head coach Scott Frost of the Nebraska Cornhuskers watches action in the first half against the Northern Illinois Huskies at Memorial Stadium on September 14, 2019 in Lincoln, Nebraska. (Photo by Steven Branscombe/Getty Images)
Things got off to a rocky start for Nebraska football but it’s far too soon for the great Cornhuskers fans to lose hope.
It has been a rough few years for a once-proud Nebraska football program. The Tom Osborne days are long gone now, and what they have left has been a program that is 10-17 since 2017. Despite that loss to rival Colorado in week two, Nebraska fans should still have reason to hold on to that hope they had at the season’s beginning. The same hope that had the Cornhuskers ranked No. 24 in the preseason AP poll and had experts picking them to win the Big Ten West. That hope should still be there, here are the five reasons why.
The recruiting classes haven’t been outstanding, but Nebraska did improve upon their No. 23 ranking from 2018 to No. 18 in 2019. They were No. 4 in the Big Ten in both years. That is a sign of solid improvement and Frost will look to continue to improve that ranking in the years coming. Even with the classes not being incredible, they are still very deep.
With 13 four-star athletes and 39-three stars combined in the last two years, Nebraska should have plenty of depth to their program when the injury bug strikes. That depth is something that they haven’t had in recent seasons, including when quarterback Adrian Martinez went down with an injury last season. While most of the players from these classes are for the future, one athlete from 2019 is already making an impact.
- Nebraska football: Scott Frost looks forward to reigniting Oklahoma rivalry
- Gary Lineker lands new football TV presenting role after quitting BT Sport
- How football and our nation have changed for the better since 1966
- Neymar issues update on his PSG future ahead of Champions League clash with Man City
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer makes exciting Man Utd prediction after Varane, Sancho signings
- Jesse Lingard pinpoints reason behind West Ham success after Man Utd return
- Liverpool have two reasons for not making any more transfers this summer
- Arsenal make Granit Xhaka contract decision for three reasons after Roma transfer fails
- Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku ‘impressed’ with Blues for two reasons amid transfer pursuit
- College Football Starts In Exactly One Month
- Nebraska Moves to Big Ten and Pushes Big 12 to Brink
- The White Flight From Football
- Chelsea Owner And Billionaire Roman Abramovich On The Past, Present And Future Of The Club
- Options for Big Ten to consider as Texas, Oklahoma trigger college football conference realignment talks
- Pac-12 commish leads voices suggesting College Football Playoff expansion be paused amid SEC additions
- College football realignment fallout: What's next with Texas, Oklahoma stating intent to leave Big 12 for SEC
- Report: Big Ten plans to start rotating the football title game
- Raphael Varane to Man Utd: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has four specific reasons for transfer
- Paul Pogba ‘excited by Man Utd transfers of Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane and will keep options open until 2022’
- 21 compelling storylines, teams, coaches, players that will dominate the 2021 college football season
Nebraska football: 5 reasons to be excited for the future have 544 words, post on fansided.com at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.