22-year-old Costa Rican international expected to sign four-year deal
authors Michael Gallagher
Costa Rica international and Deportivo Saprissa standout Randall Leal has signed with Nashville SC, the team announced Friday afternoon. He is expected to join the club in January.
“Randall is an exciting young attacking midfielder with bags of potential,” Nashville SC General Manager Mike Jacobs said in a release. “He has the ability to influence matches in a variety of ways and has demonstrated that caliber on both the domestic and international stage.”
The 22-year-old midfielder scored six goals with Saprissa over the last two seasons and tallied two goals over five seasons with KV Mechelen in Belgium and Guadalupe FC in Costa Rica.
Leal is multitalented on the attack and brings plenty of experience, having played in three Gold Cup matches and 11 matches for the Costa Rican national team.
ESPN’s Jeff Carlisle reported that Leal’s salary qualifies him as a Young Designated Player, which would make him exempt from Major League Soccer’s salary cap constraints. However, the team can use so-called Targeted Allocation Money to lower Leal’s salary.
Leal is the seventh signing for Nashville SC that includes Designated Player Hany Mukhtar, Anibal Godoy, David Accam, Derrick Jones, Cameron Lancaster and Daniel Ríos as as it prepares for its inaugural MLS season. The club’s United Soccer League squad travels to St. Louis this weekend as it seeks to keep pace with other teams near the top of the league’s Eastern Conference.
- Daniel Rios doing what's expected with Nashville SC in final USL Championship season
- Nashville SC adds Dutch midfielder
- MLS rejects defender's transfer to Nashville SC
- Nashville SC: MLS logo unveil a step toward Music City fans growth
- Nashville SC: Five things to know as Nashville SC begins USL season
- Nashville SC: Gary Smith hired as coach of Nashville MLS team
- Nashville SC: ESPN reports Gary Smith will be Nashville MLS coach
- Nashville SC vs. Memphis 901 FC: The Twitter beef about hot chicken
- Has the new Nashville SC MLS logo and branding been leaked?
- Nashville SC vs Memphis 901: After weeks of Twitter banter, teams finally meet
- Nashville SC: Saint Louis FC defeats Nashville SC
- Decorated college player loaned to Nashville SC for 2019
- Nashville SC: Cameron Lancaster and Daniel Rios score in win over Loudoun United
- FC Cincinnati vs. Columbus Crew SC closes out MLS preseason Saturday
- MLS players to watch this season
- MLS 2019 Opening Weekend: Odds, TV Guide, Live Stream Info
- As MLS becomes active participant in global market, Portland Timbers need to ‘be willing to sell’ talent
- Portland Timbers reportedly prepared to move on from designated player target Eduardo Vargas
- Lansing Ignite: Roster, player signings for inaugural 2019 season
- Charleston Battery adds former MLS midfielder as soccer club opens season
Nashville SC signs seventh MLS player have 443 words, post on www.nashvillepost.com at September 6, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.