They played troubled mother and daughter, Betty and Sally Draper, in Mad Men from 2007 to 2015.
And January Jones and Kiernan Shipka came ‘full circle’ as they reunited for a series of stunning portraits in the new Rodarte Spring Summer 2020 collection lookbook, released on Wednesday ahead of New York Fashion Week.
Taking to their respective Instagram pages to re-post the striking images, January, 41, and Kiernan, 19, paid reference to their Mad Men pasts with captions ‘The Drapers’ and ‘Casual family portraits are so back in’.
‘Full circle’: Mad Men’s January Jones and Kiernan Shipka reunited for a series of portraits in the new Rodarte Spring Summer 2020 collection lookbook, released on Wednesday
As well as the screen mother-daughter duo, the new Rodarte campaign features an impressive roster of A-list talent, including leading ladies Kirsten Dunst, 37, Lili Reinhart, 22, and Gabrielle Union, 46.
January and Kiernan have been close since they shot to fame portraying Mad Men protagonist Don Draper’s wife and daughter, Betty and Sally, back in 2007.
Kiernan secured her role when she was just eight after two auditions, winning high praise from television critics and fans of the AMC series alike.
The child actress initially came on board as a recurring guest star, before being upgraded to a series regular at the start of season four.
Iconic: The co-stars won critical acclaim for portraying troubled mother and daughter, Betty and Sally Draper, in Mad Men from 2007 to 2015
We are family: Taking to their respective Instagram pages to re-post the striking images, January, 41, and Kiernan, 19, paid reference to their Mad Men pasts with captions
The show ran for seven seasons, winning the cast and crew numerous accolades for their portrayal of a wide range of issues facing America in the 1950s and 60s, ranging from alcoholism to adultery, racism and sexism.
Speaking to the New York Times in 2015, Kiernan praised her screen mother for being an ‘amazing actress and great counterpart’.
She said: ‘I like challenges. And January is such an amazing actress and great counterpart.
‘I just remember trying to get deep into Sally’s world, into her groove, and hang onto it through the scene.’
‘Casual family portraits are so back in’: The striking new images were released by the brand ahead of the start of New York Fashion Week
However, the young actress has admitted she had to work at being ‘normal’ while growing up in the glare of the public eye from such a young age.
In an interview with British Glamour earlier this year, Kiernan explained: ‘Growing up I felt pretty in touch with myself.
‘But if you’re going to red carpet after red carpet, it takes work to love yourself and to find the best version of yourself outside of this world of ideals, that are so bonkers in so many ways.
‘By the end of the Mad Men, I had been on it for a longer period of my life than I hadn’t.
Way back when: January and Kiernan have been close since they shot to fame as protagonist Don Draper’s wife and daughter, Betty and Sally, in 2007 (pictured in 2009)
Talented: Kiernan secured her role when she was just eight after two auditions, winning high praise from television critics and fans of the AMC series alike
‘Growing up and being in the industry whilst trying my best to maintain a very normal life outside of it – which I’m lucky that I did.
‘I was lucky that I was in an environment that embraced growing up and let me figure out who I was.’
January has been equally full of praise for her screen daughter in the past, saying she felt ‘better about our world’s future’ when Kiernan came of legal voting age in November 2017.
Penning an Instagram tribute alongside an image of the pair in character as Betty and Sally, she wrote: ‘Happy 18th Birthday @kiernanshipka with all my heart.
Family values: Kiernan came on board as a recurring guest star, before being upgraded to a series regular at the start of season four (January with Jon Hamm as Betty and Don in 2010)
Inspirational: Kiernan praised her screen mother for being an ‘amazing actress and great counterpart’ (pictured together in January 2016)
‘Now that you can vote I feel better about our world’s future. It’s been so amazing to be able to watch you grow up into the coolest woman. Wear your seatbelt, don’t smoke, and use cloth garment bags.’
Since Mad Men wrapped in May 2015, Kiernan has gone on to appear in numerous films, as well as portraying B.D. Hyman, daughter of Bette Davis, in the FX television series Feud: Bette and Joan.
More recently, she has starred in the lead role of Sabrina Spellman in Netflix series Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina.
January has stuck predominantly to television roles, most notably appearing as Melissa Chartres in The Last Man On Earth.
Screen daughter: January has been equally full of praise for Kiernan, saying she felt ‘better about our world’s future’ when she came of legal voting age in November 2017
- 19 of the best movies to watch on a plane
- Meet the new faces of fiction for 2018
- Kirsten Dunst glows in green... before telling Jimmy Kimmel she did not secretly wed fiance Jesse Plemons
- Kirsten Dunst has tough words on an 'ignorant' Reuters tweet saying she was 'best known as Spider-Man's girlfriend': 'That's pretty s*****'
- 52 celebrities you probably forgot were on 'Veronica Mars'
- Jessi Roberts’ Cheekys Brand is a national enterprise based in Idaho. That’s just the beginning of her story
- 52 celebrity couples who got married this year so far
- Jessi Roberts turned a small-town clothing store into a cheeky online success story
- Netflix Thanksgiving Episodes 2018: Over 50 Turkey Day Themed Specials To Stream
- Netflix is surging after adding a lot more subscribers than expected (NFLX)
- 90 years of best actress Oscar winners and their gorgeous gowns
- 50 TV and movie remakes that are better than the original
- All 38 notable Jason Statham movies, ranked from worst to best by critics
- All the celebrity couples that broke up in 2018
- Nokia Rocks the World: The Phone King’s Plan to Redefine Its Business
- All 65 of Netflix's notable original shows, ranked from worst to best
- 50 movies that critics really hate but normal people love
- 18 lottery winners who blew it all
- 20 of the most iconic heroes in the DC universe
Mad Men's January Jones, 41, and Kiernan Shipka, 19, come 'full circle' as screen mother-daughter duo reunite for stunning new Rodarte lookbook have 1090 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 5, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.