La Liga champions FC Barcelona suffered a 2-0 defeat at the hands of newly-promoted Granada CF. The latest setback puts them seventh in the league table, after having won only two of their first five matches. Meanwhile, Granada provisionally holds the top spot while waiting for the rest of the matches to be concluded this weekend.Granada stamped their authority less than two minutes into the match. Ramon Azeez found the back of the net after taking advantage of a defensive error by Junior Firpo, who didn’t make a good first impression on his first start for the team. The summer signing started the match in place of an injured Jordi Alba. Ths hosts proved that the first goal wasn’t a fluke by keeping Barcelona at bay for the rest of the match. After having just recently been promoted from the second division, Granada has shown the defending champions that they are not to be considered “minnows” in the competition.Even the introduction of Lionel Messi and rising star Ansu Fati at half time didn’t turn things around for Barcelona. Both Messi and Fati had a lot of time with the ball but neither of them could make a breakthrough.Luis Suarez, who… Read full this story
- La Liga: Barcelona strong enough to cope without Antoine Griezmann in final two games, says Luis Garcia
- Real Madrid one win from La Liga crown after beating Granada
- La Liga: Barcelona slump to 1-2 home defeat against 10-man Osasuna
- Real Madrid on brink of La Liga title; record ninth-straight win
- Suarez laid groundwork for Champions League before Barca lost La Liga title - Bojan
- Real Madrid one win away from regaining La Liga title
- Real Madrid edge closer to La Liga title with narrow win over Granada
- La Liga: Real Madrid on brink of title after win at Granada
- Vidal scores as Barcelona beat Valladolid to stay alive in La Liga title hunt
- La Liga: With a few games remaining, what all to watch out for?
La Liga: Barcelona suffers humiliation against Granada have 327 words, post on www.ibtimes.co.uk at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.