French retailers are gradually widening acceptance of payments in crypto currencies, a group of companies said Tuesday on the sidelines of Paris Retail Week. By early next year, consumers will be able to pay in crypto at more than 25,000 sales points at around 30 retailers including sportswear giant Decathlon, perfume outlet Sephora and furniture and home decor store Maisons Du Monde. Retailers signing up to the scheme will use the Easy2Play payment platform and the EasyWallet application, in partnership with Global POS (point of sale) technology with the system due to come on stream from the first quarter of next year. “The usual functioning of the brands will not be affected as the exchange platforms will deal with the conversion of crypto currencies into euros,” the statement read. Crypto currencies, despite regulatory grey areas, have been gradually making inroads into commerce with bitcoin leading the way and social network Facebook is out to get in on the act with its Libra digital money slated for a 2020 rollout. Global POS, a French platform founded in 2004, presents itself as “the leader of the dematerialisation of payments, prepaid securities and digital payment.” The platform says the payments system will afford… Read full this story
- How Can Cryptocurrency Change Retail Payments?
- Trading Technicals – Opportunities in Crypto
- Crypto regulation: Step aside, bureaucrats, let the market do its job!
- 10 Crypto Gurus You Have to Follow
- Flexa's Spedn app lets you pay with crypto at several retailers
- Tech Tent: Has crypto-currency peaked?
- Initial Exchange Offerings are the new hot thing in crypto
- The hope for crypto ETFs is not to be lost! Japan is leading the way.
- Why Ray Ozzie’s plan for unlocking encrypted phones won’t solve the crypto wars
- France's Favorite Crypto-Fascist Could Face Three Years in Prison for ISIS Tweets
French retailers widening crypto acceptance have 292 words, post on en.rfi.fr at September 24, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.