Issued on: 24/09/2019 – 10:53 Nanterre (France) (AFP) Celebrity French chef Marc Veyrat said Tuesday that he has sued the famed Michelin guide after inspectors stripped his restaurant of its coveted third star, claiming they had botched their evaluation, in particular over a cheese souffle.”I’ve been dishonoured, I saw my team in tears… to have them call you one evening without warning, without anything written down, without anything, to say ‘That’s it, it’s over’,” Veyrat told France Inter radio on Tuesday.Veyrat’s La Maison des Bois restaurant in the French Alps was demoted to two stars from the maximum three last January, just a year after he secured the industry’s highest accolade.He said the move plunged him into depression, and the furious chef later demanded that he be removed from the vaunted red guides — in vain.He claims the downgrade came after a Michelin inspector mistakenly thought he had adulterated a cheese souffle with English Cheddar, instead of using France’s Reblochon, Beaufort and Tomme varieties.”I put saffron in it, and the gentleman who came thought it was cheddar because it was yellow. That’s what you call knowledge of a place? It’s just crazy,” Veyrat told France Inter.His lawyer Emmanuel Ravanas had… Read full this story
- 10 hotels with Michelin-starred restaurants
- Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa’s Restaurant Receives Michelin Star
- Who is Tom Kerridge, how much weight did the chef lose, where’s his pub The Hand and Flowers and what are his most famous dishes?
- A Meal At Chef Thomas Keller's The French Laundry
- 3 Michelin stars make Bay Area’s Dominique Crenn the nation’s top female chef
- 17 restaurants recognized by Michelin stars, including Thai street food
- 22 Michelin stars over Andalusia
- Malmö's Michelin magic set for three new spots
- Who is Tom Kerridge, how much weight did the chef lose, what are his top recipes and where’s his pub The Hand and Flowers?
- Michelin reveals 2015 restaurant list for France
French chef sues Michelin guide, accusing them of cheese mix-up have 326 words, post on www.france24.com at September 24, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.