Justin Rogers The Detroit News Published 4:34 PM EDT Sep 21, 2019 Philadelphia — In a move most likely to impact the Detroit Lions’ struggling special teams, the team signed wide receiver Marvin Hall off the practice squad. To clear the roster spot, wide receiver Chris Lacy was released. Hall, who went undrafted out of Washington in 2016, has spent time with four other franchises before joining the Lions earlier this month. His most productive stretch came the past two years with the Atlanta Falcons. Appearing in 24 games for the Falcons, Hall caught 12 passes for 209 yards and two touchdowns. He also handled kickoff returns for the team last season, averaging 23.7 yards on 26 attempts. Hall should provide depth at return man for the Lions, where Jamal Agnew has struggled with ball security. The former All-Pro punt returner was benched during the first half of last week’s game against the Chargers. Rookie Ty Johnson also has some experience handling kickoffs, although he’s expected to have an expanded role in the backfield following this week’s release of veteran C.J. Anderson. In addition to returning kicks, Hall also has extensive experience on other special teams units, including kickoff and punt coverage. Hand ruled out… Read full this story
- Polynesian Football Legends David Tukatahi Dixon, Frank Manumaleuga, Haloti Ngata & Dominic Raiola Inducted Into Class Of 2020 Hall of Fame At Polynesian Cultural Center
- Drew Pearson on Hall of Fame snub: 'They broke my heart'
- Keeping it real: a behind-the-scenes look at 'The Lion King' visual effects
- Dave Matthews Band Didn’t Get Into the 2020 Rock Hall of Fame, Fan Vote Be Damned
- Bon Jovi, Nina Simone to Be Inducted Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; Radiohead Happily Snubbed
- Mariah Carey, Pharrell Williams, Steve Miller among Songwriters Hall of Fame inductees
- Baseball Hall of Fame 2020 voting: Six Chronicle writers reveal ballots
- Marcell Ozuna signs with Atlanta Braves on one-year, $18 million contract
- Detroit orchestra names Jader Bignamini next music director
- Former Mississippi State Receiver De’Runnya Wilson Dead at 25
Detroit Lions sign receiver Marvin Hall to active roster have 334 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.