Derrius Guice is going to miss significant time with his current knee issue.This injury is not directly related to the torn ACL he suffered in his left knee in the preseason last year, which required multiple surgeries due to infection.This time, he has a meniscus tear on the other knee.When a report of meniscus injury came earlier this week, Guice hoped for a “sprain.” But menisci don’t get sprained. They tear. And because there is a poor blood supply to that area, they don’t heal and therefore need surgery to remove the torn portion. The reported estimates of 4-6 weeks and 6-8 weeks are similar. This timeframe indicates a likely lateral meniscus tear that will be trimmed (not repaired).This will also give Guice more time to get his left knee fully healthy.Evaluating his recovery and the third preseason game, in which he made his debut with 11 carries for 44 yards playing the entire first half, he never looked right to me. He favored his left knee.Washington showed confidence in Guice by naming him the starter and even having future Hall of Famer Adrian Peterson as a healthy scratch in Week 1. We don’t know when Guice was hurt, but… Read full this story
- 'Do I like men?': NFL Draft hopeful Derrius Guice says teams asked him if he's gay and if his mother was a prostitute 'just to see my reaction'
- Derrius Guice says he’s cleared for 2020 season
- British coronavirus victims died because the head of the World Health Organisation was 'bought' by China, U.S Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tells MPs
- Interim bails extended to stop virus spread: court
- Interim bails, paroles extended to prevent COVID-19 spread in jails, says HC
- Postal small savings services extended to rural post offices
- Kerry Washington Extends ABC Studios Overall Deal
- The Best and Worst of Talking Heads, According to Chris Frantz
- Extended lockdown, increased tests work for Thane
- SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: The Queen's nephew David Linley keeps his head above water... with £30,000 surfboards!
Derrius Guice headed for extended absence have 343 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.