The D.C. Memo is a weekly recap of Washington political news, journalism, and opinion, delivered with an eye toward what matters for Minnesota. Sign up to get it in your inbox every Thursday. Welcome to this week’s edition of the D.C. Memo. This week from Washington, an update on the trade war, Klobuchar travels the county, and the president tweets. But before that, a quick note: MinnPost is one of two Minnesota outlets with at least one full-time reporter out in D.C. Our work, and this newsletter, relies on readers like you to keep going. If you can donate or become a monthly sustaining member, please do! It means we can do more journalism, cover more stories, and get you this newsletter each week. Now let’s get on with this. Climate strike Isra Hirsi is the co-director of the U.S. Youth Climate Strike, an organization dedicated to stopping the climate crisis. But she’s also the daughter of Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minneapolis. These two facets of her identity, among many, compete for her attention as she tries to deal with the climate crisis, writes Leila Ettachfini in a profile for VICE: This puts Isra in a tricky position: She’s both… Read full this story
- Apple Beats 1 chief wants to rekindle the record-store romance
- Do you want Google running your TV?
- Want your business to go green? Leverage data transparently to make smart decisions
- Wish list: 27 features we want on the iPhone 5
- What Trump Apparently Wants For NAFTA And Why It Could Backfire With The Car Industry
- Who wants perfectly accurate sound?
- Don’t Think About What You Want, Think About What It Would Take to Get It
- New Trend: Men Wanting Babies, Women Wanting Freedom
- How to Get a Job by Targeting the Companies You Want to Work For
- In Literature and In Life, Men and Women Still Want Different Things in a Mate
D.C. Memo: I want my, I want my MFP have 328 words, post on www.minnpost.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.