A fuel shortage blamed on the Trump Administration has turned filling a tank in Cuba into an ordeal even for a country used to waiting in lines.Around Havana, drivers spend days hunting desperately for gas, calling friends and updating online chat groups with sightings of diesel, regular and higher-octane fuel at gas stations. Lines this week have come to stretch for blocks with waits up to five hours long. Drivers park and shut off their cars to wait in the shade and chat with friends as cars crawl past pumps far in the distance.Increasingly, gas stations are running out with people still waiting in line. Drivers have started lining up outside empty gas stations in the hope that a truck from the state-run fuel monopoly will come by to fill its pumps.Cuban officials blame a U.S. policy of sanctioning ships that bring petroleum products from Venezuela, Cuba’s main ally and source of highly subsidized fuel for two decades. Outside observers say the broader cause is Cuba’s energy overdependence on a single socialist ally whose oil industry has gone into freefall. Cuba relies on Venezuela for about 60 percent of its daily consumption, according to some estimates. “Once again they committed… Read full this story
- What Can You Do to Save Mother Earth? Gas Engine Fuel Savers!
- Making Water and Gas Line Repair Easy
- Truck Gas Saver - Using Hydrogen Gas As Fuel For Trucks
- Columbia Gas To Check Over 400 More Andover Gas Lines
- An Introduction to Gas Rebate Cards
- Car Gas Saving - Convert Your Vehicle to Run on Electric From Home
- Run Any Automobile on Water + Gas
- Using Natural Gas Grills
- 10 Tips For Better Gas Mileage
- Additives to Improve Gas Mileage
Cubans wait hours in gas lines as fuel crisis bites have 292 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.