Derry & Strabane Council is to adopt and maintain Maurice Harron’s ‘Celebrate’ sculpture in the heart of Creggan.
The artwork was originally sited in the Pat Mulkeen Garden at the Ráth Mór Centre the work has since been relocated to the roundabout outside St Mary’s Chapel.
Local Councillors have endorsed the Council taking on the £2,000 a year maintenance of the work, which is currently owned by Creggan Enterprises Limited.
- UN Security Council adopts presidential statement on youth, peace, security
- U.N. Security Council to meet on Kashmir on Tuesday at China’s request
- UN Security Council to meet on Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday at China’s request: Report
- United Nations Security Council to Meet on Kashmir Today at China's Request: Report
- How Rodin's radical dance sculptures captured the shock of modernity
- Stamford boxing sculpture restored by Norwalk company
- Council refuses to back down after Sikh couple denied chance to adopt white child
- David Cameron’s vow to tear down adoption barriers is at risk
- Tomball City Council proposes keeping same property tax rate for FY 20
- Adoption of children from different races to be made easier