Sport by Press Association September 1 2019, 2.27pm Updated: September 1 2019, 2.37pm Sign up to our Daily newsletter Want to read more?Subscribe today from £1.49 Cory Hill has been named in Wales’ 31-man World Cup squad despite suffering from a leg fracture. Dragons lock Hill, who captained his country in two Tests against Argentina last year, could be unavailable until halfway through Wales’ pool schedule. He has not played since February. But Wales head coach Warren Gatland has selected him for Japan, while fly-half Rhys Patchell also features following his try-scoring exploits against Ireland on Saturday. Two of the more surprising omissions were props Rob Evans and Samson Lee. Squad members learnt of selection via a video produced by the Welsh Rugby Union when each player was told by a member of their community club that they had been chosen. It will be lock Alun Wyn Jones’ fourth World Cup, with wing George North and hooker Ken Owens featuring in the tournament for a third time. There are call-ups for Saracens prop Rhys Carre, who made his Test debut against Ireland, and Scarlets flanker James Davies. Gatland has opted for a split of 13 backs and 18 forwards, which… Read full this story
- Pakistan Face Improbable Task To Make World Cup Semi-Finals, Fans Offer Hilarious Suggestions
- Former winner Ovtcharov edges worlds runner-up to make World Cup quarters
- Mike Brown not ready to call time on international career just yet despite Rugby World Cup setback
- World Cup 2018 kicks off with Google Doodle showcasing cultures of the 32 teams
- World Cup: Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi's celebration kick blows up in his face
- Women’s World Cup 2019 fixtures and results: Final and third-place play-off schedule
- Over 100,000 Football Fans Booked Free Train Tickets for 2018 FIFA World Cup
- The tricks England still have up their sleeve for Sweden World Cup quarter-final
- England players allowed to go on holiday before World Cup
- Chris Robshaw interview: 'I want England to go to the World Cup and redeem what happened in 2015'
Cory Hill makes World Cup cut for Wales have 331 words, post on www.thecourier.co.uk at September 1, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.