PUBLISHED: 15:26 12 September 2019 | UPDATED: 15:26 12 September 2019 David Hannant: Local Democracy Reporter Norwich and Norfolk Muslim Association’s community centre on Dereham Road. Picture: Google Google A city mosque has been spared the need to hunt for a new home after councillors ruled prayers could be held there 24 hours a day. The Norwich and Norfolk Muslim Association (NNMA) had been told that it may need to seek a new headquarters should councillors refuse its bid to allow its home on Dereham Road to be used for prayer at any hour of the day.With the prayer cycle of Islam tied to the movement of the sun, at certain times of year the first daily prayer would in the past fall outside the centre’s permitted opening hours.The association therefore applied to Norwich City Council to allow worshippers to access the mosque at any hour, solely for the purpose of prayer.And it looked as though the bid may fail, with planners at City Hall recommending to councillors that it be turned down, amid concerns over noise from visitors to the centre. You may also want to watch: However, after the application was called in by cabinet member for planning… Read full this story
- 24 Hours in A&E viewers 'screeching' as doctor fixes dislocated ankle
- When is 24 Hours In A&E on Channel 4 tonight, where’s St George’s Hospital in London and what’s the series about?
- Comedian to visit 100 Fringe shows in 24 hours for Stand up to Cancer
- Third person killed on A5 in 24 hours
- Anger as first 24 hour homeless shelter to get green light despite public fears
- Bony interest and what will happen at Swans in next 24 hours
- Bristol’s first 24 hour homeless shelter granted permission
- Fair Isle gets 24-hour electricity for the first time
- No cat videos or keyboard warriors – Get Carter’s 24 hours without social media
- Anger at ‘lack of information’ around new 24-hour homeless shelter
City mosque gets go ahead for 24-hour access have 312 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.