The long-running trade war between China and the US has seen them swap tariffs on goods worth hundreds of billions of dollars BEIJING – China announced Wednesday it would exempt 16 categories of products from US tariffs, ahead of a fresh round of trade talks next month.Beijing and Washington have been embroiled in a year-long trade war that has seen the two sides slap punitive tariffs on hundreds of billions of dollars in two-way trade.The exemptions announced Wednesday will become effective on September 17 and be valid for one year, according to the Customs Tariff Commission of the State Council, which released two lists that include seafood products and anti-cancer drugs.The lists mark the first time Beijing has announced products to be excluded from tariffs.Other categories that will become exempt include alfalfa pellets, fish feed, medical linear accelerators and mould release agents.Wednesday’s lists do not include big-ticket items such as soybeans and pork.But in the statement, the commission said it was also considering further exemptions.Trade negotiators have said they will meet in Washington in early October, raising hopes for an easing of tensions between the world’s two biggest economies.Both sides imposed fresh tit-for-tat tariffs on September 1.In a sign of… Read full this story
- EU Mulls Joining US in Trade War With China in Bid to Ease Tariffs
- China retaliates for U.S. tariffs, slaps duties on key U.S. imports
- Trump extends exemptions on steel, aluminum tariffs
- U.S. manufacturers bombard Commerce with requests for exemptions from steel, aluminum tariffs
- Hope for U.S. trade visit to China: A delay in harmful tariffs
- Japan regrets US failure to exempt it from steel tariffs
- France's Le Maire: EU needs 'full' exemption from U.S. tariffs
- China to slash auto import tariff in half?
- China bawa 16 ahli kaji tawaran investasi Indonesia
- China’s Guangxi showcases products in Hanoi
China to exempt 16 categories of US products from tariffs have 318 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.