0 Have your say A boom in barn conversions means that rural towns and villages are missing out on vital infrastructure and local services such as roads, schools and GP surgeries, according to councils. The Local Government Association (LGA) said the number of agricultural to residential conversions in England has increased by nearly 230 per cent – from 226 in 2015/16 to 743 in 2017/18.Also in news: Thousands take to the streets of Yorkshire to support climate strike It said that conversions, mostly in rural areas, have been taking place under permitted development rights, which allow developers to “bypass” the planning system.Councils argued that they are unable to make sure homes are built to high standards with the necessary infrastructure in place.The LGA, which represents councils in England and Wales, said it is concerned that rural areas in particular are not being provided with the local services or infrastructure, and in some places affordable housing, that would normally be required in any development going through the planning system.Yorkshire had 36 barn conversions in the last financial year, each of which could be turned into up to three dwellings without planning permission.These kinds of developments are increasing quickly – for example,… Read full this story
- Non-Microsoft Security Flaws Cause Biggest Headache, Says Secunia
- Could Advil Be CAUSING Your Headaches?
- Facebook's Anonymous 'Rooms' Could Cause IT Headaches
- 6 Foods That Could Be Causing Your Headaches
- 9 Foods That Could Be Causing Your Headaches
- ICANN's generic top-level domain rules cause major headaches for online businesses
- Migraines Could Be Caused By Mouth Bacteria
- Exertion Headaches: Common Causes, Symptoms, Prevention, and Treatment Tips
- Dehydration Headache: Causes, Signs, Treatment, and Prevention
- Adderall Headaches: Causes, Prevention, and How to Get Rid of Them
Barn conversions causing infrastructure headache for councils have 286 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.