Photography by Lawrence M. Ross and the photo group View Finders will be on exhibit in September and October at the galleries of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Buffalo. Ross’s “Images from Near and Far (Encore)” opens with a free reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 5 at the Levy and Daniel Families Gallery in the Holland Family Building (787 Delaware Ave.). Ross, who also is an attorney, will be there to discuss his images. Proceeds from sales will be donated to Crisis Services. The group photo show “A Peaceful Path” has its opening reception from 2 to 4 p.m. Sept. 8 in the Bunis Family Art Gallery at the JCC Benderson Family Building (2640 North Forest Road, Getzville). The exhibit will include work by 13 View Finders photographers, curated by group founder Bonita Chimes. The galleries are free and open during regular business hours at the buildings, with the shows running through Oct. 31. Visit jccbuffalo.org. Imagine this In recognition of Banned Books Week (Sept. 22-28), the Buffalo Book Arts Center (468 Washington St.) is hosting an exhibition by Matthew Peter Nagowski that is inspired by the texts of books that have been forbidden at some time… Read full this story
- 11 of the best things to do in New York on a budget - from cheap and free sightseeing to micro hotels and local food
- Exhibition pairs Manolo Blahnik shoes with the paintings that inspired them
- Bondi Beach mural artist returns to Canberra with new exhibition showcasing works inspired by controversy
- Jennifer Lopez looks like she's in sync with Marry Me co-star Maluma in new on-set Instagram: 'The art of collaboration'
- Nick Cannon defends his ex Mariah Carey after Eminem diss on his new track Lord Above: 'Get out your wheelchair Eminem'
- 10 Essential Goodreads Tips For Book Nerds
- KIBF stands to show books as popular as ever
- Arsenal must beat Standard Liege or risk facing tough last-32 clash against Inter, Ajax or Sevilla in Europa League
- Donald Trump Wanted Ivanka, Kushner out of White House—They 'Didn't Know How to Play the Game,' Book Says
- Fewer kids report sex abuse in US juvenile detention centers
Arts beat: New exhibits at JCC, Book Arts Center and more fests have 356 words, post on buffalonews.com at September 5, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.