Once the Ant-Man well runs dry, David Dastmalchian already has his eyes set on the next comic book property — or three — he’d like taking a stab at. Dastmalchian, who played the ex-con-turned-security-consultant Kurt in Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp, admits he’d love appearing in something involving Morbius, Werewolf by Night, or Mike Mignola’s expansive Hellboy universe.
Chatting about his debut comic Count Crowley: Reluctant Monster Hunter (due out October 23rd), we asked the actor which properties he’s chomping at the bit to join. “I would just be so jazzed if someone would give me a shot to act in or be a part of of helping to write in so many different universes, but especially the world in which Morbius lives, stalks, and breathes, the world that Werewolf By Night has lived in over so many decades,” Dastmalchian says. “I think that if I could ever get a chance to act in the Mignola universe, I would be so jazzed because I feel like there’s so many incredible films that have yet to come out of the BPRD.”
Though he might not get his wish being in Morbius the Living Vampire, currently in production from Sony, there’s always a shot of him joining the writing staff or appearing in Werewolf By Night, a Marvel character that has yet to appear in live-action. Then there’s the Mignola universe of Hellboy characters, a pretty cold property after Lionsgate’s David Harbour-starring reboot flopped earlier this year.
“We just have to give it some time, keep exploring the ideas and the seeds that Mignola’s planted over the last, God how long has BPRD been going now and that whole world, 20 years maybe?” Dastmalchian said of another potential Hellboy movie or some other Mignola comic. “I don’t even know, but like I think about Screw-On Head all the way down the line, man. The guy’s a genius. He’s just amazing.”
Morbius the Living Vampire is due out July 31, 2020. Upcoming Marvel Studios projects include Black Widow on May 1, 2020, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier in Fall 2020, The Eternals on November 6, 2020, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings on February 12, 2021, WandaVision is set to hit Disney+ Spring 2021, Loki in Spring 2021, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on May 7, 2021, Spider-Man 3 on July 16, 2021, What If…? in Summer 2021, Hawkeye in Fall 2021, and Thor: Love and Thunder on November 5, 2021, and Black Panther 2 on May 6, 2022. Marvel Studios Disney+ series without release dates include Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk.
What comic roles would you like to see Dastmalchian play? Share your thoughts in the comments below or by tweeting me at @AdamBarnhardt!
- Lily Collins was beaten to part in The Hobbit by Ant-Man star Evangeline Lilly
- How Ant McPartlin’s ‘drink-drive’ crash unfolded – with BGT star’s £26k Mini ending up on WRONG side of road
- Britian’s Got Talent judges in tears over kids’ performance as girl tells Ant McPartlin she ‘missed him’
- Lisa Armstrong reveals she ignored Comeback Of Ant McPartlin TV show in sassy tweet
- Ant McPartlin takes girlfriend Anne Marie Corbett and her children on first family holiday to Abu Dhabi
- Ant McPartlin looks down after Dec Donnelly admitted going to therapy over best pal’s drink-driving conviction
- Channel 5’s documentary on Ant McPartlin’s drug battle – who else appears in it and what do we know so far?
- Simon Cowell says Ant looks happier than ever as Amanda Holden praises him for looking healthy as he returns to BGT after rehab
- Ant McPartlin to take over from Holly Willoughby as I’m A Celebrity host
- We'll bring full-time football to Glentoran in bid to win trophies: New boss Mick McDermott arrives as part of major investment
- 'I didn't want to recreate something that's already been done'
- Stephen Mulhern admits Ant and Dec pay him to carry out humiliating dares
- Piers Morgan says he settled feud with Ant McPartlin in a single email
- Look inside Hillsborough Castle: how a £24m project helped turn the royal residence into a must-see attraction
- Ant and Dec complained about ‘rival’ Peter Andre playing his music too loud when they lived in same apartment block
- Why three-times married Jennifer Lopez is settling down with baseball star Alex Rodriguez despite swearing never to marry again
- Ant and Dec embrace on full TV return
- The new daughters of Africa
- Chimerica is Channel 4’s gritty new drama has just dropped, but is it worth watching, what is it about and who’s in the cast?
- Gogglebox needs new stars
Ant-Man Star Wants to Be in New Morbius, Werewolf by Night, or Hellboy Projects have 754 words, post on comicbook.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.