Share Tweet Email children’s health Share: Share Tweet Email Share: Share Tweet Email KTRK By Shelley Childers SUGAR LAND, Texas (KTRK) — Dylan Kim’s family believes he wouldn’t have survived a near drowning at their Sugar Land home without hyperbaric oxygen therapy.Eighteen-month-old Dylan Kim doesn’t look or act like a typical toddler, but he is a survivor.He was found face down in the Sugar Land family’s pool on March 23. After weeks on life support, doctors told his parents to prepare for his last breath.”When his breathing was really shallow, it was really quiet,” his mother tells Eyewitness News. “We thought this was it, and all of a sudden he kept going.”SEE ALSO: Mom’s warning after son’s near drowningThat last breath never happened, and baby Dylan was sent home.At just 13 months, he was diagnosed with severe brain trauma from lack of oxygen and blood.”This is a devastating injury,” says Dr. Paul Harch.Knowing Dylan may never be the same, the family searched for alternative medicine and found Dr. Harch in New Orleans – and his hyperbaric oxygen therapy.”He’s severely injured, but I felt that the chance of him improving with this is very high,” Harch said.For most of the summer,… Read full this story
- 8-Year-Old Girl In Critical Condition After Near-Drowning
- Toddler taken to hospital after nearly drowning in Newburgh pond
- Does alternative medicine deserve a chance?
- Florida mom dies after trying to save children from tidal current at beach
- 4 factors to consider when determining your eczema treatment plan
- When the jar isn't enough: baby food innovators are on a roll these days
- 'Mermaid' Swimming to Raise Awareness About Pollution Saved Drowning Cow
- Surfer recalls near-death on huge wave
- Saving Bobbi: Lured by drugs, used by pimps
- Saving Bobbi: Struggling to find a way forward
Alternative treatment saves baby in near drowning have 301 words, post on abc13.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.