Air strikes allegedly carried out by the Saudi-led coalition fighting Iran-backed rebels in Yemen on Tuesday killed 16 people including seven children, an official and a doctor said. The raid came days after the Huthi insurgents offered to halt drone and ballistic missile attacks on Saudi Arabia as part of efforts to end a war that has pushed Yemen to the brink of famine. The rebels claimed responsibility for the September 14 attacks on Saudi oil installations that knocked out half of the OPEC kingpin’s production and sent shockwaves through energy markets. The United States and Saudi Arabia have however blamed Iran, saying the strikes were carried out with advanced cruise missiles and drones. Tuesday’s air strikes in Qatabah in Daleh province in south Yemen, partly controlled by the rebels, marked the first major attack believed to have been carried out by the coalition since the Huthis’ offer. “Sixteen people, including women and children, were killed and nine others injured” in a “coalition” air raid targeting a residence in Daleh, a local official told AFP on condition of anonymity. A doctor at Al Thawra hospital in Ibb province where the bodies of those killed were taken said seven children and… Read full this story
- Russian and al-Assad air strikes kill 19 civilians including 8 children in rebel-held villages in Syria as rescue workers pick through the rubble to reach survivors
- Russian air strikes kill 19 civilians in northwest Syria
- Australia's Top ISIS Recruiter Killed in U.S. Air Strike in Iraq
- VK Singh's retort to opposition over Balakot Air strikes: Won't casualties happen if 1000 kgs bombs were dropped, buildings hit
- Civilians, Including Children 'Likely' Killed During US Raid in Yemen - CENTCOM
- Air strikes kill at least 20 in Syria's Idlib: Observatory, activists
- UNICEF Ignores Child-Killing Air Pollution to Target ‘Climate Change’
- Syria Conflict: Air Strike Kills 28 at Refugee Camp Despite Ceasefire
- Air strike hits biscuit factory in Libyan capital, killing 10
- Afghan troops 'killed by US air strike'
7 children among 16 killed by air strikes in Yemen have 317 words, post on en.rfi.fr at September 24, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.