£16.6 billion pledged in post no-deal grants BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Chancellor Sajid Javid is to unveil a £16.6 billion no-deal “guarantee” to make up for lost grants should the UK leave the bloc without an agreement. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/16-6-billion-pledged-in-post-nodeal-grants-38542218.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/article38542215.ece/0e330/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_e9a99414-275c-4ef7-8cb5-ea9f3b166a90_1 Email Chancellor Sajid Javid is to unveil a £16.6 billion no-deal “guarantee” to make up for lost grants should the UK leave the bloc without an agreement. Mr Javid told the Daily Mail the sum – which includes £4.3 billion for the coming year – would cover EU money given to businesses, universities and charities. October 31 is the current date when Britain will leave the European Union, although a bill obliges Prime Minister Boris Johnson to seek another extension if no agreement has been reached at October’s European Council meeting. I don’t pretend for a second that there won’t be challenges Mr Javid said a no-deal departure was “very much on the table” and that he feared the fabric of society would be torn if the October 31 deadline was not honoured. “I just fear we tear that fabric in a way that we might not be able to stitch it up again,” he told the paper. He added: “I don’t pretend for… Read full this story
- Some Farmers Reject Trump's $16 Billion Bailout; Call It 'Poor Remedy for Trade'
- Exclusive: Sinopec to review potential $16 billion U.S. gas deal with Cheniere - sources
- SAM & Co. advises Walmart on acquisition of majority stake in Flipkart for USD 16 Billion
- Global device shipments to hit 2.16 billion units in 2020: Report
- Defence Department considered walking away from $50 billion French submarine deal
- Dissent brews over governor’s $16 billion water project
- Global device shipments to hit 2.16 billion units in 2020: Gartner
- Turkey wants additional 3 billion euros to deal with refugee crisis
- Germany's RWE to cut one in three jobs in $2.9 billion coal exit deal
- Amazon asks court to pause Microsoft work on $10 billion Pentagon cloud deal
£16.6 billion pledged in post no-deal grants have 348 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.