At a conference on smart urban management solutions recently organized by the Hanoi Association of Science and Technology, scientists from research institutes, universities and businesses put forth many ideas for smart urban management, especially through digital solutions.
Smart urban development is trendy in Vietnam and the world. Photo: Internet
According to Nguyen Thanh Hai, head of the Department of Electronic Engineering under the University of Transport and Communications, smart urban development is a large-scale application of electronic and digital technology for community, using information and communication technology to transform life and working environment in a region and applying them in the state management system.
Hai mentioned two technology solutions for smart urban management, including RFID and DRSC technologies.
RFID is radio frequency identification technology. It allows to identify subjects through radio transceiver systems, control them or save their traces.
With DRSC technology, one- or two-way short range wireless communication channels are designed specifically for automobile operation, or applied to emergency warning systems for vehicles.
Besides, a smart city must have technology for image processing which is necessary in toll collection system, vehicle density measurement and vehicle management.
Regarding the technology for image processing, Nguyen Chan Hung, director of the Institute of Applied Research under CMC Group, said that the group has conducted many researches in this respect, being fully aware that it is a must for smart city development.
Research series of AI0T (artificial intelligence and electronic device connection by internet) can be used in face recognition, identifications of object and vehicle license plates through artificial intelligence connecting to amateur cameras or robots, Hung added.
Ta Cao Minh, general secretary of the Vietnam Automation Association, noted that as environmental pollution is a challenge for building a smart city, it is necessary to develop new energy and building tram transport. New energy policies will focus on developing solar energy and mini wind farms in the city. Smart cities need to supply electricity for trams with a fast charging station system. In the future, trams will be connected in the ecosystems of V2G (cars to the grid), V2H (cars to home) and self-driving cars.
In order to develop a smart city, policy planning is very important in developing smart transportation systems in general and trams in particular. Minh proposed that Vietnam’s scientists should soon create a technology roadmap for the automotive industry. Besides, robots and new energy are the fields that Vietnam has advantages of and should invest in, Minh suggested.
- After wildfires sweep urban areas, scientists study threat of toxic remains
- Public-private joint effort is needed to prevent a cyber Pearl Harbor
- Strip-joint extortion probe nets Chicago-area mayor's relatives, consultant, 2 police officers
- Only a joint effort will stop knife crime says top policeman
- Councilman: Murfreesboro leaders 'seriously need to evaluate' use of Gateway-area property
- High school boys basketball: Wisconsin Rapids needs extra effort to edge Oak Creek
- The Latest: Boeing sees no need to overhaul development
- The Army, in Need of Recruits, Turns Focus to Liberal-Leaning Cities
- Psychosis more common in 'areas plagued by pollution'
- The Trump-Kim summit is a false fairy tale for Vietnam