President Donald Trump on Tuesday took swipes at his Democratic opponents, the media and the Academy Awards in a speech where he was supposed to deliver remarks on American energy and manufacturing.
“Can you imagine if I got a fair press? I mean, we’re leading without it. Can you imagine if these people treated me fairly? The election would be over,” Trump said during a speech at Shell’s soon-to-be-completed Pennsylvania Petrochemicals Complex in Monaca, Pa.
Of his Democratic rivals, he said: “I don’t think they give a damn about Western Pennsylvania, do you?”
He also mocked the Green New Deal and the Democratic presidential candidates who support it.
“I don’t want to speak badly about it. I want to encourage them. That should be their platform, I don’t want to do it too early. I did it very early with Pocahontas. I should’ve probably waited. She’s staging a comeback on Sleepy Joe,” he said, referring to Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and former Vice President Joe Biden, respectively.
“I don’t know who’s going to win,” he continued. “But we’ll have to hit Pocahontas very hard again if she does win. But she’s staging a little bit of a comeback. What a group. Pocahontas and Sleepy Joe. I don’t think they give a damn about western Pennsylvania.”
- Trump singles out Dem senators in NRA speech
- Trump calls media 'corrupt'? Look who's talking!
- Trump bashes media for getting ‘animals’ remark ‘purposely wrong’
- Rep. King on Trump Tower Meeting: Dems Trying to Make 'Something Out of Nothing'
- Rudy Giuliani confounds, contradicts as he defends Trump in media
- Abe going the full Trump on media
- Trump attacks media after reports of Cohen deal with AT&T
- Trump: ‘13 angry Dems’ on Mueller team should be wary
- Trump rails against immigration laws at Ohio campaign event
- Trump rails against sanctuary city policies; Abed, Gaspar weigh in