JERUSALEM: Three people were injured in a Palestinian attack near an Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank, according to early reports by the Israeli military on Friday (Aug 23).
A military spokesman said the attack was carried out near Dolev, a settlement northwest of the Palestinian city of Ramallah.
“Three people appear to be injured at the scene,” the spokesman said, adding that troops were searching the area.
Israeli news reports said the wounded were Israelis, and that Palestinians had thrown an explosive charge near a water spring popular with hikers in the hilly central region of the West Bank. The first reports came shortly after 10 am.
Israel’s Magen David Adom ambulance service said it was treating three people in “serious condition”, including a 46-year-old man, a 21-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman.
- Oil prices surge after tankers attacked near the Iranian coast
- Israeli settlement activity in Palestine up 70% in 2019
- Knife attack near Paris treated as terror-related
- Fatal shark attack near Esperance off WA's south-east coast claims man's life
- Ban Ki-moon calls Israeli settlement expansion an 'affront' to the world
- EU adopts resolution criticising Israeli settlement activity
- JNU Students' Union president, faculty seriously injured in attack inside campus
- Nigeria hit by deadly bomb attack near Cameroon
- Muthoot finance company MD injured in attack in Kerala
- BSF jawan injured in attack on Bangladesh border