Stoke boss Nathan Jones must decide if Jack Butland remains in goal against Leeds.
Butland was at fault for two of Preston’s goals in the 3-1 defeat at Deepdale in midweek, adding to an error he made which led to a goal during the opening-day defeat to QPR.
Should Jones opt to take the 26-year-old out of the firing line, Adam Federici will come into the team.
Peter Etebo, Nathan Collins, Mark Duffy and, if fit, Nick Powell (calf) are also pushing for starting places for Stoke, who are bottom of the table after taking only one point from their first four Championship matches.
Top-of-the-table Leeds will check on the fitness of Barry Douglas and Stuart Dallas.
Douglas missed the home win against Brentford with an unspecified injury while Dallas was forced off with a problem after 78 minutes of the 1-0 victory on Tuesday night.
Gaetano Berardi came on for Dallas and it would be between him and Jamie Shackleton to play on Saturday if the Northern Ireland international does not recover.
Eddie Nketiah is pushing for a starting place after climbing off the bench to score the winning goal in midweek.
- Stoke know who they want as manager next season if they do get relegated
- Ben Stokes and Alex Hales fined by ECB over Bristol incident but cleared to play
- Ben Stokes' Wife Dismisses Report Claiming The England All-Rounder Choked Her
- Stoke City fans pepper sprayed by police ‘for going for a cigarette’ at half time
- Stoke is debt capital of England and Wales – followed by Plymouth
- Toronto’s dilemma: Olympics or Expo 2025?: Hepburn
- Apple Face ID supplier slashes revenue forecast, citing weak demand
- How to add and remove watch faces on your Apple Watch
- How to Organize Photos by Faces in iOS
- Facebook's New Face Recognition Features: What We Do (and Mostly Don't) Know