TUCSON, Ariz. — Authorities have identified a corrections officer who died at Pima County Superior Court.
The county Sheriff’s Department says 13-year veteran Brian Krumm suffered a fatal injury while on duty and in a secure area of the courthouse around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The building was locked down for around 30 minutes.
Tucson TV station KOLD reports the officer was found dead in the basement of the courthouse.
Sheriff Mark Napier says the officer was in a secure area that wasn’t accessible to the public.
He says the officer was alone at the time of the fatal injury and the death had nothing to do with an altercation with a prisoner or anyone else.
Napier says there’s no danger to the public and investigators aren’t looking for any suspects in the incident.
- Tributes to Steve Stewart, chief executive of Worcestershire County Council who died suddenly this week
- Estate fears are raised by PSNI officer in court case
- Brian McKandie was hit on the head at least 15 times before he died, court hears
- Police officer dies after fan violence before football game in Spain
- Police officer dies in Bilbao ahead of Athletic match against Spartak Moscow
- Police officer dies as Europa League fans clash outside Bilbao stadium
- Police officer dies in Bilbao in clash with Spartak fans
- Police officer dies as violence mars Bilbao v Spartak clash
- COUNTY NEWS: Boy dies in Brighton bus collision
- Police officer dies in crash which also left woman dead