Qualcomm on Tuesday announced a new range of Wi-Fi chips designed to work with Wi-Fi 6, the newest version of the technology and one that Qualcomm hopes will help boost sales of its separate 5G chips.Qualcomm is the biggest supplier of mobile phone chips but has been looking to expand beyond that as the global phone market has stagnated in recent years.The San Diego-based tech company has been pushing instead into chips for automobiles, headphones, laptops and other devices. Its Wi-Fi chips are found in devices such as the “mesh” Wi-Fi routers made by Alphabet’s Google and designed to help provide better coverage over an entire household.Separately, Qualcomm is also working with phonemakers such as Samsung Electronics to bring chips for 5G, the next generation of wireless data networks, to phones.With the new series of Wi-Fi chips, Qualcomm is hoping its two lines of business will one day come together. Both Wi-Fi 6, a new standard expected to fully roll out by 2022, and 5G technology differ from their predecessors in that they are designed to work more closely together, allowing Wi-Fi routers to more seamlessly hand off connections with mobile phones and other devices that use both kinds of networks.Moreover, unlike… Read full this story
- Wi-Fi Roaming and Cell Phone Roaming Options
- VoWLAN, Wi-Fi, Hybrid and Skype Phones
- Targeted Direct Email Marketing
- Talking To Go - New VoIP Phones With Wi-Fi Capabilities
- The Need For Wi-Fi Hotspots-4 Reason To Have A Wi-Fi Hotspot
- The Secrets of Using Internet Marketing to Expand Your Clientele
- Targeting a Niche Market
- Local Search Marketing Makes the Phone Ring!
- New Technology Pushes Mobile Phones Forward
- Build USB Wi-Fi Antenna
Qualcomm Targets Wi-Fi Market in Push to Expand Beyond Phones have 282 words, post on gadgets.ndtv.com at August 28, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.