BETHEL, N.Y. — Woodstock will be celebrated on its 50th anniversary, but it won’t be your hippie uncle’s trample-the-fences concert. While plans for a big Woodstock 50 festival collapsed after a run of calamities, the bucolic upstate New York site of the 1969 show is hosting a long weekend of events featuring separate shows by festival veterans like Carlos Santana and John Fogerty. by signing up you agree to our terms of service Officials concerned about traffic jams and crowding are limiting access to the famous field now maintained by the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts. Visitors will need “travel passes” to drive to the site Thursday through Sunday, and only people with tickets for evening events can get those passes.Bethel Woods officials suggest visiting on another weekend.
- Rolling Stones mark 50th anniversary with photo show
- Autralian-Vietnamese concert marks State visit
- Pope Benedict "rock star" of World Youth Day
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 10/10
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 15-31 (daily updated)
- Art & Entertainment Headlines December 14
- Social News Headlines 18/4
- Capturing blazing B52s over Ha Noi
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 13/10
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 27/3
No chaos this time as Woodstock concert site preps for 50th have 184 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at August 11, 2019. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.